Hello and welcome! This guide is going to explain how to be the best friend possible (PAD-wise) as well as ways to increase your daily pal point generation. Building up a strong friend base allows you to choose from a variety of powerful leaders, have constant access to your favourite monsters, and passively generate pal points to be spent on the pal egg machine (PEM). For reference, my Mantastic account has an active 300/300 friends list and I generate ~5000 pal points on a daily basis from friends choosing my leads.
The first step to pal point domination is to find friends to populate your list. As you rank up, your friends list will max at 50 players. You can add 5 additional friend slots for 1 magic stone, up to a maximum of 300 friends. In all honesty, the sooner you add space and expand your friend list, the more pal points you will be rolling in. You can view this as an opportunity cost as for each day you have more friends, the more pal points you will generate in future days. Because PAD is very much a patience game, the sooner you invest, the more you will be rewarded. Thankfully, making friends in PAD is quite easy and I have found the community to be incredibly warm and welcoming. We can find friends via:
- Posting your ID on various forums, Facebook groups, and Facebook help groups
- Typing in a player’s ID under Friends -> ID search
- Choosing Users from the helper selection list
When you first start your PAD journey, you want to add as many friends as possible and constantly delete inactive low-level players (as they have most likely quit/rerolled) to maximize your pal point generation by having a list of friends to choose from when entering dungeons. If you post your ID on the various fan pages, players will send you invites, and many high-rank players will offer their leads. As you progress, you are going to become more choosy with whom you keep on your friends list as space may become an issue.
The key to building and maintaining your friends list after the early game is based on several factors:
- Popular leader(s): if you are fortunate and have a popular leader, you will generate far more pal points than the more niche ones. Even if you are unable to effectively use that leader, still have it visible especially when you take a break for stamina/sanity etc
- Account activity: please please please, just log in for the daily bonuses at the bare minimum. Logging in will also refresh your last activity status on your friends list and will lessen your chances of being deleted
- Consistent leader display: your number of friends is strongly based around what leaders you have visible, so always try to keep a consistent showing of your ideal leads. I have built up a massive Sakuya friend base as I have been running her on a daily basis for around two years
- Hypermaxed leaders: this may be a long stretch for some players, but it is generally best practice to place your pluses on your favourite leader as you will show up higher on your friends list if you are +297. This could mean the difference between being selected, or being skipped over during friend selection.
- Farming and descend leader: I try to cycle between my 2 descend leads and 2 farming leads to maximize the ease with which my friends can bring me. The key is to have at least one of each visible at all times as not everyone is playing the descends 24/7
- Avoid duplicate leader display: your team slots determine which monster your friends can see and take. Slot 1 and current team selected display to your entire friends list. Slot 2 is only visible to best friends (BFF). Try to avoid showing the same leader in any of these team slots.
After you have done all that and have passed rank 50, it’s time to make a best friend selection! Choosing a best friend is a large commitment by PAD standards and once the selection is made it cannot be undone. If for some reason you are deleted or you delete your BFF, you will lose all the benefits even if you re-friend at a later date. As of this posting, there has been one BFF renewal that allowed a second BFF partnership to be established in addition to the first one formed. This may or may not happen every ~4 months so you might get to choose again at a later date. BFF selection is only needed from one party for both players to benefit.This allows three players want to make a best friend triangle, A -> B -> C -> A. This way, everyone has two new BFF with only one selection.
Establishing BFF grants bonuses to both players every time you choose each other to take into a dungeon, you both gain 100 instead of 10 pal points per day. In addition, you can view leaders in team slots 1, 2, and active/current as well as remain visible for up to 24 hours without a login refresh. This is especially important for low level players who wish to simply use a powerful friend repeatedly for faster and safer clears. With this in mind, when you are making a BFF decision, you should seek out players who:
- Have farming and descend lead(s) suitable to your box and team
- Established a certain tenure of playing in hopes they do not suddenly quit the game
- Ideally have a hyper-maxed descend/progression leader
- Have some sort of communication established
There is a lot of controversy as to what a new player should do with their BFF token. Some people argue that the pal points through a triangle are more valuable, while others claim that having a high-rank BFF will allow more content to be cleared. I am personally in favour of best friending a high-ranking player at the cost of losing out on a triangle. This is because having access to leads far stronger than what you are capable of is far more important than up to 200 pal points per day. Stamina is still a more valuable currency than pal points as it could mean the difference between victory or losing 50 stamina (4 hours and 10 minutes of recharge time) for a failed descend. There is still risk in choosing higher level players as they may rotate between many leads and could restrict your access to what is ideal for you. As such, please message/contact your intended recipient and establish some sort of communication!
Now that you are hopefully rolling in pal points, what should you do with them? Well first off, do not spin the pal egg machine (PEM) unless there is some sort of event active that grants a bonus of some sorts. You are able to store up to 20000 (100 rolls) worth of pal points, so do not pull outside of an event unless you are hitting the limit. There are generally two types of pal events: evolution materials and enhance (monster exp). There are also the Mini Three Kingdoms and Orb Changer carnival, but these are far less common and hard to plan for. The evolution and enhance can either appearing along side the regular PEM rolls and their own featured machine 500 points per attempt. I personally prefer to roll in the 500 cost machine as I can expect to roll the featured cards instead of the other PEM filler.
When it comes to either enhance or evolution materials, I find that as a general rule, the evolution materials are far superior because there is a chance (albeit small) to roll the coveted jewels or the other mythical weekday dungeon drops. These translate into direct stamina saving as you do not need to divert time to farming these materials. I do not wish to undervalue the kings that pop out of the enhance carnivals; but monster experience is not as vital as acquiring a hard to perform evolution, especially to newer players. In addition, many of these evolution materials can make low-cost subs when team cost is an issue. With all that being said, you should still roll for what can benefit you most, but also exert patience and wait for a desirable event.
One last thing I like to mention is that the challenges that awards 2000 pal points can be competed relatively easily and should be sought after whenever available. Futhermore, these pal points can be saved in your mail box (along with other challenge rewards and daily Tamadra) to prevent premature event capping and to save for your desired pal event
Best of luck in your PAD friendships and happy puzzling!
One thought on “How to be the Best Friend Possible”