Today’s Meta Snapshot will explore the rising popularity of alternate (alt) or additional accounts. This article will define what an alternate account is, how to go about raising one, the viability in today’s meta, and why it feels go to play with yourself. For reference, Mantastic is rank 642 and Fantastic is rank 600 which gives me a strong understanding of how to successfully play two high level accounts. Do keep in mind that I have been playing both account for over 1,000 days so my level of progression will differ from other players.
What is an alternate account?
Simply put, an alternate account is an additional account for a player who already has an existing one (often referred to as their main). In the past, players created alt accounts to help alleviate boredom during the dark days of 10 stamina/min. However, many people did not stick with it due to a lack of coop and slow progression years ago.
Today, many players have started to make new accounts not only to fight off boredom, but to play coop ‘solo’ by piloting two accounts.
- Able to play coop at your own convenience
- Have full control and only have your self to blame for mistakes
- There is a certain joy when raising a new account (applies to most games)
- Have twice the stamina to play with
- Have twice the free magic stones to roll
- If your accounts are different letter groups, you gain additional time slots to run the hourly dungeons
- Can tell strangers you play with yourself in your spare time