I have almost completely made my mind up what I should do with my first 300k Monster Points as I was lucky with the 4x GFE rates this past godfest. I am actually very excited and have been researching both Yomi Dragon and Ra Dragon to try and determine who would be the best fit for my box and playstyle. I am only 1 skill up away from hypermaxing Elia and completing my Awoken Sakuya team pictured below. It is rare to be able to complete a team in PAD and the satisfaction I will have with the final skill up will be a glorious thing. As such, I wish to expand and branch out to a different team as will most likely not have any roster changes any time soon.
My goal is to develop another end game team who is capable to clearing current content should my encounter issues. Both and are rated as top tier leads who both have the capacity to clear all the content PAD has to offer and I wish to weigh the pros and cons of using either along with my suitability based on my monster box.
Yomi Dragon has a playstyle similiar to Awoken Yomi as both leads require you to match 5 connected orbs with at least one being enhanced. is vastly superior due to consistency because requires 7 combos to reach maximum damage potential. I have an team and enjoy the playstyle, but feel constricted by the lack of consistency and low recovery. As such, I am very tempted to purchase as it will allow me to develop and learn a new team.
- Unbindable along with bind recovery awakening
- Powerful and synergetic active
- 2.25x recovery for god type monsters
- Easy to activate 36x damage with only restriction is having 5 dark orbs
- Can create teams with numerous haste actives and thus spamming skills
- 2 time extend and 1 awakenings
- Team building is flexible and only restricts you to using god type dark monsters
- Less ugly than Ra Dragon
- Lowish damage? Really would not be an issue when you have 9+ dark orbs so there may be some reliance on actives
- Kind of ugly and does not fit the Puzzle and Waifus theme
Ra Dragon is the king of rainbow leads as he offers an unbelievable 144x damage to god types when matching red, blue, green, yellow, purple, and heart orbs. Everything will essentially fall over and you will most likely overkill anything when proc-ing your leading skill. Unfortunately, comes with a high skill cap along with specific and restrictive subs
- 144x damage for a relatively easy to active leader skill (“easy” when compared to other 100x leads)
- 2.25x recovery along with very high base stats
- 2 two prong awakenings push your damage even higher
- 2 awakenings to help ensure you match your 6 elements
- Lacks a awakening and puts a strain on team building in order to achieve 100% resistance
- Sub pool is very constricted and relies heavily on having 2 Dark Kalis for constant board refreshes
- Highest chance of any lead to be orb trolled
- Even uglier than
So now the big question is what am I going to purchase? When deciding which MP Dragon to invest in, you should look at your potential sub pool. A leader, no matter how powerful, is going to falter without ideal subs. For myself, I already have a powerful rainbow leader in Awoken Sakuya along with 0 Dark Kalis . Therefore, if I were to buy , I would be missing all of the important subs with the exception of Awoken Isis along with not being able to branch out and experience different team playstyles. As such, I will purchase because I have a stronger sub pool along with wanting to experience a new type of team and gameplay.
Okay, that gave me quite the adrenaline rush! My first MP dragon and I now have a new project to work on. It will mostly be trying to 297 everything I can and here are some tentative teams I may try to run. I am open to team building feedback as my experience here is more limited when deciding on ideal subs.